The constituents of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, especially when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been checking out this issue for 15 years. I’ve talked with parents that are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with professionals who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just start with something basic. What is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent is the primary constituent of each and every vaccine. These include antigens including hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one reason behind pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This can be used to raise the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and causing a slow discharge of it. Aluminum inside the blood is assigned to allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This really is used to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Contact with formaldehyde is associated with cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is not any known threshold level below which there exists not really a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also called merthiolate, thimerosal is derived from mercury and has been utilized as a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is one of the most potent neurotoxins known to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from U.S. licensed vaccines. This occurred after it was stated that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury throughout the first six months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol is still found in flu vaccines and then in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent research is showing that thimerosal is a lot more prevalent in vaccines now than it had been in 1999!
5) Other Components: Such as phenol which is often used in the extraction process of making vaccines and is a highly toxic substance based on coal tar which can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and 2 phenoxyethanol are alcohols that are used as antiseptics to hinder the expansion and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And and then there are the unwanted or unknown components that only occur during the process. It is actually particularly challenging to establish reasons for side effects due to these unknown substances.
So, what exactly are we to help make of the? I’m not sure. Will it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I might knowingly inject into my very own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it would be for their benefit.
Vaccine proponents repeat the proof benefit is apparent. Vaccine opponents repeat the proof of benefit is far from clear and this the science behind vaccinations is fairly shabby. Before you make a determination, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, visit the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For the con side of vaccinations, visit the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).